Just a quick note for everyone missing the log files location of Microsoft Intune On-Premises Exchange Connector, seems like there is no documentation on where those files exists. and they are very useful for debugging this component.
This info came from a support case I’ve had with the on-premises connector 🙂
- Log files are here – C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Intune Exchange Connector\
- If you wish to enable verbose tracing for more advanced debugging do the following:
- Open the Exchange Connector tracing configuration file. The file is located at: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows Intune Exchange Connector\TracingConfiguration.xml
- Locate the TraceSourceLine with the following key: OnPremisesExchangeConnectorService
- Change the SourceLevel node value from Warning ActivityTracing (the default) to Verbose ActivityTracing.
<FileName>Microsoft\Windows Intune Exchange Connector\Logs\Connector.svclog</FileName>
It is important to note that the ActivityTracing setting should remain or be included with ANY value that is set for the setting.